I am a Digital Humanities PhD student at the University of Genova.
- PhD website – The official website of the PhD course
- PhD’s carnet – A blog updated by all Genoa’s Digital Humanities PhD students, with book reviews, course reports, and researches
My areas of interest are: Language teaching and learning, Narrative learning, Technology in education
My project revolves around the use of narrative to teach the grammar of a foreign language.
Zampolli, S. (2017). “Grammar Stories: A Proposal for the Narrativization of Abstract Contents”. In Doctoral Consortium, 10th International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, ICIDS 2017, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, November 14–17, 2017, Proceedings. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) “Interactive Storytelling” series.
Zampolli, S. (2017). “Verb+s is looking for love: Towards a meaningful narrativization of abstract contents”. In 10th International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, ICIDS 2017, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, November 14–17, 2017, Proceedings. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) “Interactive Storytelling” series.
Zampolli, S. (2017). “Singers of Tales Across the Centuries: Highlights on the history of oral storytelling from an European perspective”. In A Storytellers Tale, AOST – The Art of Oral Storytelling Journal. Issue 1.
Zampolli, S. (2014). “How to create customized learning tools using online platforms. Specifically, how to create a visual dictionary (animated gif – word) using Tumblr”. In EDU Learn 14 Proceedings. 6th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, Barcelona, Spain.
Conferences as speaker:
- November 30, 2017 – Intertestualità e Intermedialità. University of Turin, Italy.
- November 14-17, 2017 / ICIDS – International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling. Funchal, Madeira.
- June 9, 2017 / Giornata delle Digital Humanities. Organized by Dottorato in Digital Humanities. University of Genoa, Italy.
- November 11, 2016 / SFIDE 11 – Seminario Franco-Italiano di Didattica e Educazione. Organized by Universitè Nice Sophia Antipolis, Dipartimento di Lingue e Culture Moderne dell’Università di Genova, Dottorato in Digital Humanities.
Conferences as organizer:
- “Raccontare storie nel web” – December 16, 2016
Conference on corporate storytelling with Gianluca Marino (H-Art) and Giulia Pozzobon (Digital Academia), organized by the Digital Humanities PhD course and the Department of Modern Languages of the University of Genoa. I organized and hosted the event.
- “Giornata delle Digital Humanities” – June 9, 2017
Symposium dedicated to the Digital Humanities, explored through the projects of the DH PhD students of the University of Genova. I organized and hosted the event with the colleague Maria Cecilia Reyes.
September 2009 – October 2011 / Laurea magistrale (2 years, Master’s Degree) in Applied Linguistics, with a specialization in Teaching of Foreign Languages and of Italian as Foreign/Second Language.
September 2004 – November 2007 / Laurea Triennale (3 years, Bachelor’s Degree) in Linguistics.
September 1999 – June 2004 / Maturità classica (High school diploma in Classical Studies).
August 2013 / TOEFL – Test Of English as a Foreign Language (Score: 117 / 120)
March 2012 / CEDILS, Certificato in didattica dell’italiano a stranieri (Certificate for teaching of Italian to non-Italian speakers).
While at Susquehanna University
- Technology in Education – Prof. Heather Ryder
- Creative Writing – Intermediate Fiction (Short Short Stories) – Prof. Tom Bailey
- Pennsylvania History – Prof. Carol Weaver
- Teaching Foreign Languages with a Communicative Approach – Prof. Wanda Cordero PonceWorkshop “Humor & Multimedia: Engaging the Net Generation in the classroom”, Prof. Ronald A. Berk
While at Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia
- Progetto Quadro – Cooperativa Logogenia, Padova – a.a. 2005/06
- Progetto FSE “Recupero e sostegno dei soggetti afasici” – Università ca’ Foscari, Venezia – a.a. 2003/04
- Progetto FSE Ob.3_Mis. E1 “Digital Divide, strumenti linguistici per l’integrazione socio-culturale e la lotta al digital divide” – Università ca’ Foscari, Venezia – a.a. 2003/04
While at St Joseph’s College
- Professional Development for Teachers of Italian on CLIL (Content Language Integrated Learning) – Prof. Graziano Serragiotto – Organized by COASIT and VATI (Victorian Association of Teachers of Italian) – Melbourne, 25 novembre 2012
- Professional Development Workshop “Differentiation in the classroom” – St. Joseph’s College – Echuca, 28 maggio 2012
- Professional Development Workshop “Understanding by Design” – St. Joseph’s College – Echuca, 19 novembre 2012
- Professional Development Workshop “Groovy Grammar” – St. Joseph’s College – Echuca, 29 ottobre 2012
- Corso “Assistente di regia e produzione dell’audiovisivo” (300 ore da Marzo a Ottobre 2009) Finanziato dalla Regione Veneto
- Webinar “Sharing stories: The creative protential of storytelling in EFL” – Instructor: Luke Vyner – MacMillian Education – 6 marzo 2013
- Erasmus+ Training Course “Storytelling: Senses & Competences” – Organizer: Babbel Education, Timisoara, Romania – 22-27 febbraio 2015